Happy Mothers Day to all of the mothers in my life. I hope you all had a great day full of relaxing and pampering.
I had a wonderful day with Sean and Ayden. I got a lot of loves and kisses today from both of them which is the best gift. I am so grateful for being able to be a mom to such a great kid as Ayden. He is really the sweetest and smartest kid that I know and he is always full of hugs and kisses. I also feel honored to be a wife to such a great man as Sean... I couldn't ask for a better husband.
This mothers day has me thinking of my sister Candi. She has struggled for years to have a baby and finally turned to an expensive InVetro procedure that entailed removing eggs from her ovary's, fertilizing them in a lab, freezing them and then implanting them in when her uterus is in the perfect condition to host a baby.
Their first try was successful and we were all so thrilled that she was finally pregnant. We started talking about names, nursery ideas and other fun mom-to-be topics but the day that she was to find out the sex of the baby she found out that the baby had a terminal disorder and would probably not survive after birth.
Baby Avery passed away a few seconds before she was delivered. She was a beautiful little girl and it broke my sisters heart. I know that Mothers Day among others is a painful one for her but she is such a strong person that she smiles through the day and thinks of her baby girl that is waiting for her in heaven.
Her second try using InVetro was also successful but she miscarried soon after she found out she was pregnant.
This Mothers Day is special because Candi is about to embark on another InVetro journey this Thursday. She has two embryo's left to be implanted so she is driving to Las Vegas to the specialist and having them implanted. Family and friends have been praying for her that this transfer will be successful and that the baby will be healthy.
I would like to ask all that read my blog to please think of Candi this week and offer up a prayer for her and her husband. I would really appreciate it!
To read more about Avery's story and Candi's journey with infertility you can go to. http://babyhoustonstory.blogspot.com/
7 comments:
Thank you sis, you have no idea how much this means to me. I wish you could be here but it's good to know you are cheering me on all the way across the country.
I am so glad that those boys gave you a good Mother's Day. You are an excellent mom and they are so lucky to have you. I miss you so much. Love you!!
Candi
It's true that a day like Mother's Day is wonderful for some but so painful for others. We'll keep Candi in our prayers.
I am so proud of your sister for her determination and love to make such huge sacrifices to be a mom. It is really hard going through all the procedures that she has endured. I will pray for her. She sounds like a lady I would love to get to know. :)
P.S. You really are an exceptional sister. :) Candi is lucky to have you.
I just read your sister's story. What an amazing woman! I've added her to my prayers. Hopefully everything went well today.
Thank you for sharing her story. It helps knock my brain and heart back into perspective when I'm having a hard day with the girls.
So good to talk to you. Here the link to my blog. It will be so fun to keep up on things with your family. http://hole-ypondtheresabumpinmyhai.blogspot.com/
We'll be sure the pray for her tonight.
Post a Comment