Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July Fun!!!

Happy post Fourth of July to all of our friends and family!

Although we missed being home (Utah) with its usual parade, bbq's and fireworks we really made the best of it and it turned out to be a fun and exciting holiday for us.

Before I babble off my commentary of the photos of the day I would like to thank all of those who sacrificed to give us the freedoms we enjoy today and I pray for all of those who are serving our country now. I am blessed to live in this great country!



So on with our day... We had a great bbq with our dear friends Emily and Ryan Anderson and we just love them so much! They are the best!

Sean bought a new kite for today's festivities and here are the guys trying to figure it out... So here is a new joke for you... how many dentist does it take to fly a kite??? Ha ha! Just kidding!



Ayden had fun getting tangled up in the kite!




We had fun on the monkey bars! How is this for a family photo?




Ayden loves helping Ryan out...



Ayden's first bike! He was so excited!


Ayden wouldn't give up his "coke" he was wired!

After the bbq we took Ayden home for a short nap then we headed downtown to the famous Philadelphia museum of art (you know... in the Rocky movie?) for some live music from The Roots and Sheryl Crow and fireworks.
Ayden and Sean rockin' out to some music!


A family photo op in front of the fountains (what is the deal with my hair?).


The fireman let Ayden climb inside this firetruck and Ayden was in heaven!

And finally comes the fireworks...





Here is some video taken of Ayden riding his bike for the first time and dancing....











6 comments:

emily a. said...

That's a great family photo and I think your hair looks great.

Shilowe said...

I love your new blog border--super cute! And I love your family photo on the monkey bars, too! LOL! It looks like you guys had a great 4th of July!

Sierra Parke said...

It sounds like you guys had a blast. I love the family photo. You guys are so silly! How perfect--Tennyson just got his first "real" bike a couple days ago. It looks like he is about the same as Ayden--riding level that is. He is still working on the steering thing! We'll have to get them together...maybe take them through Pennypack with their bikes.

Natalie Buchkovich said...

How fun! We went downtown as well! It was crazy the amount of people! But it was fun! Glad you guys had a nice 4th of July!

Patty Sampson said...

LOVE the pictures! Especially Aiden drinking from a glass. He is so cute! And I LOVE the new header you put up. Happy 4th of July!!

Doug and Mallena said...

I could say "Ditto" to everything everyone else has written and end it at that. However; that doesn't seem fair. :) What a great background, cute family picture, you look as beautiful as ever, etc.