Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our spontaneous trip to Boston....

Thursday afternoon Sean and I decided (very last minute) that we would drive to New York and spend the night, catch the Today show concert in the Plaza, then head to Boston for a couple days for some sight seeing.

So I admit I am a HUGE country fan and Sean... well I think he puts up with it for me because he is that kind of guy. When I heard that Rascal Flatts would be playing on the Today Show concert, I started dropping hints about how great it would be to go. So we did!!!








New York was great!!!!



We then drove another 4 hours to beautiful Boston. I fell in love with this place immediately. It reminded me a bit of where I use to live in Northern California and the people were so friendly!






If Ayden was not in his stroller then he had to wear his "leash".


The following photos are of the Harborwalk in Charleston.


I think the tractor was Aydens favorite part of the day...







This is the Old State House where historical meetings were held to discussed the self-government of America and the start of the revolutionary war.

This photo is of the Kings Chapel burial ground where there are a few people buried that were passengers of the Mayflower.



Kings Chapel



Samual Adams burial site



Sean and I found our new home.... do you like it???


We then headed to Boston Commons that included a large park with playgrounds and a kids fountain that Ayden loved. We stripped him down to his pull-up and let him go and before I knew it he had pulled off his pull-up and was NAKED... I paniced at the thought of him adding a new fountain feature and got his diaper on ASAP!


Our trip was a much needed break from reality and really brought our family closer. I cant wait to go back to Boston!





5 comments:

emily a. said...

I love that you went to the Today show. Were you guys on TV? The one day I wasn't there to watch it. I'm glad you loved the trip and had so much fun.

Natalie Buchkovich said...

What a fun trip! We went to Boston two years ago, and just fell in love with it! It's such a nice city. Glad you were able to get away!

Liz Prisbrey said...

What a fun trip!! You took a lot of great pictures. I wish I could get Jess there one day. I loved Boston but it was years ago when I went.

mallena said...

I love the pull-up story! Too funny! I wish we would have made it to Boston. It looks like a great place to visit. Rascal Flats! My jealousy is turning me green.

Sierra Parke said...

Boy you guys had a very busy weekend. Tennyson would have gone nuts over the tractor too.