Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Weekend - May 2011

We started off a very busy weekend with a trip to the Crayola factory in Easton, PA. It was our first trip to the factory so we were not sure what to expect but it turned out to be a fun outing.

Ayden does not typically like doing crafts but he really enjoyed seeing how crayons are made and creating things with all of the products that Crayola offers. They had a different section set up for every product and lots of opportunities for the kids to create.







This is the factory where they showed us how they make crayons and markers.






After the crayola factory we decided to take the scenic River Road that runs along side the Delaware river. On the way we stopped for a hike to the Ringing Rocks. This place was pretty amazing. Its about 3.5 acres of huge boulders created from shell and molten lava. Some actually ring like a bell when you hit them!





What boy doesn't like to carry a crowbar and bang on rocks?







Some believe that this site was an ancient Indian ceremonial site or a UFO landing space. This guy and his group of friends are either trying to get in touch with their ancient Indian ancestors or trying to phone home.


After our hike we got back on the scenic road and we saw a lot of very old homes (which I love).




And we stopped to walk onto a bridge to watch the jet skiers on the Delaware river.









Ayden found this rock on the way and thought it was a magic crystal rock. He begged for a picture next to it.



The rest of our weekend was busy with pool parties, a trip to Franklin Park in downtown Philly, and lots of good food. We all need a day of rest after our adventures!

1 comment:

emily a. said...

I feel tortured after looking at your pictures. I miss you guys so much- you were missing in this post, Charise.

I'm so glad you guys went to the Crayola factory- Ry and I loved that place. I wish we could take Sage now. She was there in-uteral when we went.

That rock place is amazing!