Saturday, February 27, 2010

What we are up to lately.....

Its been awhile since I have had time to post any updates... so here is a cliff notes version!

Sean is taking his boards next week so he has been studying 24/7 and we are all ready for it to be done and over with so we can have him back with us. Its hard to watch him try to cram millions of facts into his brain over and over again. Its also hard trying to keep the house quiet for him to study but we are all managing well.

We have had some pretty yucky weather lately complete with rain, snow and what we see here on the East coast "rainsnow". Its heavy and wet and miserable to be in! We have been spending a lot of time in the house so I am so ready for the spring to get here so I can take Ayden to the park and start running again.

I have been keeping busy with my church calling where I plan and put together Relief Society parties and events. I have started making jewelry which I LOVE doing when I can and I am now hosting a fitness group at the church for ladies that are trying to get healthy. I love serving and it is really helping me feel closer to the Spirit.

Ayden finally saw an allergy specialist and we are going to start "challenging" his allergies to peanuts and eggs. This is going to show us how allergic he is and will give us the ability to start giving him his flu and h1n1 shots. I'm so happy to start getting answers.

Ayden is getting a little stir crazy being couped up but luckily we have had some of Ayden's friends over to play recently. We had Kyrie and Ryan over to decorate cupcakes.






I loved the chocolate mustaches so I had to get some pictures. They all had a blast and got on a little sugar high... but I just sent them home with mom and dad. Sorry about that Amy!
We also tried to enjoy the yucky white stuff a bit by getting a makeshift sled (Tupperware is great). And taking Ayden sledding on a hill near our house.













And on those days where Sean is trying to study, I try to keep Ayden busy and out of his hair so we get a little creative.
I let Ayden paint a paper sack and he wears it as his armor in toy gun fights. Actually playing with his toy guns seems to be all he wants to do lately. Argghhhh!


Ayden got into my makeup and put it all over his face. I was relieved when he told me it is his army paint. Whew...
And my wonderful and creative friend Emily invited us over for a cute little puppet show at her home. She even made us a yummy lunch. Thanks Em, we had a blast!!!

Ayden and his bestest friend Tennyson... Ayden being goofy as always



Ayden stars in his own show... which involved booming guns no less.


So other then Ayden and I being ready to pack up our things and move to California we are keeping busy, healthy and happy.

6 comments:

Patty Sampson said...

Aiden is so cute! I have to say that pic of him in your makeup was hysterical! At first when I saw it I thought you would say that he was sick that day because his coloring was so off. I am relieved it was just "war paint". :)

Patty Sampson said...

P.S. The Tupperware "sled" was pure brilliance!!!

emily a. said...

I miss you guys- I feel like I never see you anymore. Ayden with the makeup was pretty funny and good creative idea with the paper bag. See you tomorrow!

Shilowe said...

I love the tupperware idea! I've never thought of that! And the makeup picture was so cute & funny! Sounds like you guys have been up to a lot of fun--despite the snow. :)

Sierra Parke said...

Hang in there Charise! Boards are almost over!!!

Candi and Skeet said...

I miss you guys soo much!! I wish you could come back here until the weather there is better. Mom showed me the earrings you made her... so dang cute!! You need to teach me! Tell Sean we are praying for him and keeping our fingers crossed that all goes well.

Love you!