Monday, February 23, 2009

Valentines Day

So everyone has been posting cute pictures of their Valentines day with their kids or spouses and to avoid being the party pooper I thought I would post a blog as well on that oh so special day of love.

To be totally honest with you I am 100% against Valentines day. I don't know if it is because of some bad experiences of the day in the past or if its just the fact that I hate it when people buy me gifts or do nice things for me because they feel like they "have too" because its V day. I also feel really bad for the poor men lining the halls of Hallmark with sweat pouring off their foreheads because of the pressure to find that "perfect gift" for their special someone or they will be in the dog house for a week. I personally would rather get those things on a whim and just because he thought of me at that moment and wanted to do something special. I wonder if I am the only female that feels this way?

So I don't have any cute pictures to post of the day but I do have a funny one of Ayden to share with you. Our mom and tots group had a cute Valentines day party and the kids gave out Valentines to all of their little friends. We took home so much candy so to save our child from getting cavities Sean and I ate all of the chocolate... you know.. the good stuff! (I know we are such thoughtful parents). I would then give Ayden a couple pieces of candy a day. Well on this day he had to try the Fun Dip! You know the candy? Its pure colored sugar with a candy stick that you dip to eat it... oh yeah this would be trouble!

Here is a photo of the aftermath of that experience. I believe he was in a sugar coma at this point and the green was permanent for the whole day despite the scrubbing. Enjoy!







4 comments:

Sierra Parke said...

These pictures are hilarious! Ayden totally looks like he is in a sugar coma. How funny. Yeah, I feel the same way you do about Valentine's Day. Come to think about it, I don't believe we've ever given each other anything for V-day. Well, I take that back...we have made cards for each other which I love and cherish.

mallena said...

Your pictures are so funny! You described my opinions of Valentine's Day perfectly. I would much rather have a nice surprise sometime during the year, than have a "have to" gift on Valentine's Day. I thought I was the only weird one that didn't like the holiday. ;)

emily a. said...

I agree Charise. I miss hanging out with you 3. Those pictures are classic of Ayden.

Patty Sampson said...

Oh my goodness! He looks how I feel when I have had too much sugar. How funny that you got a picture! Now you can show him on Halloween just why we don't go hog wild. :)

And I am right with you on the Valentines issue. It is a holiday I have dreaded since first grade. I used to call it "Single Awareness Day" because that is really what it is.