Friday, January 30, 2009

Help!! Need potty training tips

Happy Friday!!!

Im so glad its finally Friday! This week seems to last forever with the cold days and being locked inside. I found an indoor playground to take Ayden to on Thursday and he loved it but as soon as it started getting busy my anxiety level hit the roof. We have been keeping Ayden away from large groups of kids because he cannot get a flu shot which has cancelled out most of our weekly social dates. I now know what cabin fever feels like!

And because of the cold weather keeping us inside I thought it would be a perfect time to potty train Ayden. I went out and bought him Bob the Builder underwear with all of his favorite "tractors" on it thinking he would never pee or poop on those (Ha Ha... I was dreaming). And after about a week of trying he won and I gave up. I know... I know... I should not let him win but it was just too frustrating for both of us.

It got to the point where he would sit on the toilet for 10 to 15 minutes then pee right after I put his underwear on. And I swear that he was doing it on purpose. I tried giving him a treat after he went in the potty but it soon turned into me giving him a treat just to sit on the potty because he would throw such a tantrum that ended with him on the floor banging his fists and head and me almost in tears. And of course as soon as Sean would come home Ayden would sit on the potty as soon as Sean asked without even a whimper. What the heck???

So I plead with anyone out there that may have a miracle plan to potty train to please share with me to save my sanity. I would love to get Ayden potty trained before the warm weather finally arrives.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Candi and Skeet said...

I wish I knew... Maybe he's just not ready! I know you don't want to hear that though. Have you thought about getting him his own potty seat? Then he might want to sit on it???

Doug and Mallena said...

Make Sean stay home and do it. ;) I wish I could offer you some great advice. Shaylynn still isn't showing any interest. I know I need to try and push it since she's now in Primary, but it's just too much.

Good luck! If you get any miracle ideas, please pass them along.

Natalie Buchkovich said...

I potty trained Weston at 2.5 years. My sister-in-law trained her twins on this 3 day program it worked really well for them, so she passed it on to me. I tried it and Weston was potty trained in 3 days. So I passed it on the Sierra for Tennyson, and it worked for her in 3 days! Anyways it works if you follow it to the "T". It's a lot of work in those 3 days and very hard, but it is worth it! So I will email it to you. If you have any questions call me!!!! Good Luck!