Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Girls Weekend in Boston

(Dated: October 8, 2011)

I met Sierra and Emily at our church ward in Philladelphia.  They quickly became two of my best friends.  They are truly two of the most loving, fun and real people that I have ever met.  Well we all went our separate ways over a year ago and I miss having them around every day.

When they moved we made a pact that we would get together often no matter how far apart we may be.  We kept that pact and met up in Boston for a fun girls weekend!

The first day we went to the Boston temple and did some work.  It was a beautiful place and was a spiritual experience.  I am so glad we fit it in.


Then we headed on to Salem to get a historical look at the famous witch trials.  Unfortunately it was not as informing as we hoped but it was definitely memorable.


 We even got caught in the middle of a flash mob.  Emily said that they were doing a number from the show Newsies(sp).  It was cute.



The next day was my last day in Boston, it went by so fast!  We went on a tour of John Adams homes.  It was a great tour and I learned so much about Adams.  My favorite part was his personal library (center photo).  I could only dream of having that many books!





To top off our trip we went to Louisa May Alcott's (author of Little Women) house.  It was a fun tour and we were amazed at how similar the house is to the one in the movie.



Big thanks to Sierra and Conan who hosted us, especially Conan who watched the kids while we had fun.  I cannot wait for our next girls weekend!




No comments: