Sunday, September 5, 2010

Crystal Cave in Kutztown PA

We took a trip to Kutztown PA a couple weeks ago to see the infamous Crystal Cave. It was a first time for both Ayden and I but Sean is a cave veteran (did you know he use to study bats in college? I know... weird).



Ayden LOVED it!!! I on the other hand didnt care for it much (the clausterphobia thing again). I was shocked at how much Ayden listened to the tour guide and how much he remembers to this day! It was a really big deal for him.



Here is a photo of us in front of the cave.





This was Ayden's face the whole time, I know he looks scared but he was just really taking it very seriously. He took his own camera into the cave and was snapping pictures along with me.






None of my cave photos turned out well but this one is pretty cool. It is a ribbon stalactite.




This is our group going into the cave. We actually ended up going down about 500 feet below ground, it was very interesting.




And here is our future actor! While waiting for our tour to begin we asked him to show us some expressions.. enjoy!





I caught Ayden dancing and when he found that I was video taping him he started acting really silly. He is our little clown!




3 comments:

emily a. said...

Um no, that doesn't surprise me about Sean because nothing does these days. He's studied and done just about every job out there, hasn't he. And Ayden's moves are classic.

Shilowe said...

What a cool place! I wish I'd known about the Crystal Cave...my boys would have loved it! & I love those expressions that Ayden made at the end of the post....too cute!

Sierra Parke said...

I love that boy, what a "ham" in front of the camera!