Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Our wedding day

So most of you dont know much about our wedding day. We kept it a secret for some time... for several reasons but I cant keep a secret so the cat was out of the bag soon after.
I thought you all may enjoy the story of our wedding day as far as I experienced it.
Here goes...

Our wedding was definitely out of the ordinary and something we will always remember with a smile.
Our wedding day started as I drove to Sean's parents house to pick him up for our drive to Vegas. He was all packed and ready so I sat in the living room while he got his bags in the car.

His mom and dad were in the living room with me and his mom started asking me questions.
Leona : So you guys are going to Salt Lake, that will be really nice. Where are you staying?
Me (caught off guard since we were going to Vegas) : Ummm we are staying at the Hilton.
Leona: Oh that sounds nice... did you get separate rooms?
Me (smiling nervously): Ummm
Leona: You two wont be fornicating will you?
Ok... so as you may know. I didn't know how to answer that question but to laugh and say "NO!" Luckily Sean walked in about that time so he excused us and we were finally on our way. Sean gave me some roses as we got in the car... Awwww he is so sweet!

We stopped in St George and picked out simple wedding bands for each of us. They didn't have any that would fit me so I settled for one that was too loose.

We got to Vegas in the evening and hit terrible traffic! We sat in traffic for an hour!!

By the time we got to the building where you get your marriage license it was already almost 9pm. We rushed to get our license then rushed to the our hotel room at the Planet Hollywood Hotel to change our clothes. Sean was ready first so he raced to get the car from the valet and pull up closer to our room but he got lost and ran a couple full circles around the parking garage before finally finding the right valet.
By the time I got in the car Sean had broken out in a sweat and I was in a panic that the chapel will be closed before we get there. We drove faster then we should have but we made it to the drive thru a few minutes before closing.

We were married by Reverent Joe at A Special Memory Wedding Chapel. It was like ordering a cheeseburger but so much better! The Rev. said some nice things, we exchanged rings and said our I DO's. And finally to kiss the bride... it was a great kiss until the Rev. started playing some cheesy wedding music that made us both laugh!
As we drove away... we looked at each other and said "we did it!!!"

We enjoyed our wedding dinner at PF Changs and got pictures at the Bellagio Hotel's atrium.
Here are some pics of the evening... They didnt turn out very well :-(


This is Rev. Joe that married us.


Here are the newly wed couple. Sean looks in shock to me.

We plan on getting married in the Temple this December with our family involved to celeberate with us which will be nice. But the memory of our first wedding will be fun to remember and share with our children.

Signing out..

Charise

4 comments:

Candi and Skeet said...

yea he kinda looks scared!! I am still mad at you for not telling me

Doug and Mallena said...

I'm still laughing about your conversation with your mother-in-law. :) What a great story. Now I can say I know someone who was married in a drive-thru in Vegas. Great! I'm excited that you'll be going through the temple. It will be one of the most amazing experiences in your life. Congratulations!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

That is awesome!!! What a fun story! I have an uncle who did the same thing! You guys make such a great couple! And I am just thrilled for you to get sealed in the Temple! What a wonderful experience!

The Molen's said...

What a great memory! It was completely meant to be. And hey, whatever works.....I am sure your Mother-in-law sleeps well at night. Sean really does looked shocked.....super funny!