We had a great week and a half with my mom and dad here to visit. We were able to visit some of the most beautiful country in the US (in my opinion) and Ayden was spoiled with hugs and kisses every moment they were here.
We took time to travel to Palmyra NY to see where Joseph Smith lived, worked and became a prophet who soon restored the Gospel to this earth. We were able to visit the Sacred Grove, Hill Cumorah, and the Palmyra temple. It was a very humbling and inspiring experience to stand in those same spots where the angel Moroni, Jesus and God all visited. I enjoyed imagining how it all played out and how Joseph must of felt.
We took a short drive from there to Niagra Falls in which we had to cross over to Canada to see a better view. Everyone should try to see that once in their lifetime!
After returning home I took Mom and Dad on a tour of Independence Hall, Carpenter Hall and to see the liberty bell. We then hopped on a bus tour that took us on a fun tour of the city then drove right into the Delaware river for a nice little boat cruise. It was a blast!
We also drove across the river into New Jersey then followed the coast to the very southern point called Cap May. It is a historic beach town with a beautiful white sand beach and old light houses. Ayden loved playing in the sand but didn't care for the water... he actually screamed like a girl when it hit his feet. We ate at a great lobster restaurant right on the docks.
Their last day here we took them to a pumpkin festival at a local lake that was so pretty with all the fall colored leaves. We all took our first hayride which was pretty fun.
That week and a half was busy and left me exhausted but we loved having family here and miss them so much. I cant wait for December to get here so we can see everyone again.
Signing off...
Charise
4 comments:
I'm so glad everything is working out for you and I'm elated that the parents got to visit. It reminds me of Arkansas from what I can see with the outdoors and colors. Of course I thought I saw some more teeth in your photos though (because he's a dentist there I guess). Had lunch with the gang and KBrown, Dan, and I talked about you and we wish you well. We're glad things are right for you! Keep us posted, I'm glad you have an outlet for this stuff so we can hear from you, this is great. Tell Ayden and Shrek we said hi. KBlack
Oh how sad! I want to cry when I hear that he misses papa and grandma. I am glad you started a blog. I hope you are well. I will call soon.
We miss You all too. We had a great time. It was hard to come back to the real world.
See you in Dec
Love you MOM
It sounds like you were able to see a lot of things while your parents were in town.
Isn't Palmyra great? I wish would could have gone again before we moved, but it wasn't meant to be. :(
Post a Comment